Wendy Williams tests positive, delays return to talk show circuit – WSOC TV
Rachel Ellis
Updated on April 03, 2026
Talk show host Wendy Williams said she has tested positive for a breakthrough case of COVID-19.
Image 1 of 23Photos: Wendy Williams through the years Wendy Williams attends the ceremony honoring her with a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame held on October 17, 2019, in Hollywood, California. Keep clicking to see more photos from her career. (Michael Tran/FilmMagic)
Williams, 57, had been fully vaccinated for COVID-19, Variety reported.
In an Instagram post Wednesday, the show announced that the 13th season of Williams’ show has been pushed back to Oct. 4.
“In the meantime, repeats will be scheduled,” the post stated.
A week ago, the show announced that Williams was undergoing health evaluations for unspecified reasons, CNN reported.
>> Wendy Williams announces death of mother on show
“Wendy is dealing with some ongoing health issues and is undergoing further evaluations,” the show said in a statement posted last week.
Williams has kept her viewers up to date about her medical issues. In 2018, she told her viewers she had Graves’ disease, Variety reported. According to the Mayo Clinic, Graves’ disease causes the immune system to attack the thyroid.
More coronavirus pandemic coverage:
>> Coronavirus: How long between exposure to the virus and the start of symptoms?
>> How to not let coronavirus pandemic fatigue set in, battle back if it does
©2021 Cox Media Group